PLEASE ALLOW 7-14 DAYS FOR SHIPMENT OF THIS ITEM.
In 1976, KISS dropped the bombshell on the world being DESTROYER, an album that originally received resistance from fans due to the band exploring a new sound and has long become the quintessential and all-time best selling KISS studio album.
Exploding with concert staples and KISS Army favorites like “Detroit Rock City,” “Shout It OutLoud,” and “God Of Thunder” – the album’s new sounds came from the softer side of songs like “Do You Love Me?,”and songs heavy with orchestral arrangements including “Great Expectations” and their surprise hit single “Beth.”
For the 45th anniversary, UMe is releasing the most comprehensive Super Deluxe Edition 4CD + Blu-ray Audio boxset that will melt the KISS Army’s minds. The original album on CD 1 is newly remastered by Abbey Road Mastering, CD 2 features 15 demos from Paul Stanley’s and Gene Simmons’s personal archives – 9 of which are unreleased. CD 3 loads up with studio outtakes, alternate versions / mixes and single edits – most notably a brand-new stripped-down mix for “Beth (Acoustic Mix)” where we found the acoustic guitar stems recorded for the entire song but originally only used in the last several closing notes of the song on the album. CD 4features a ripping performance from the band’s visit to Paris France at the L’Olympia on May 22, 1976.
Steven Wilson was brought in to create a first-ever Dolby Atmos and 5.1 surround mix of the original studio album plus 2 bonus tracks “Beth (Acoustic Mix)” and “Sweet Pain (Original Guitar Solo)” the latter featuring Ace Frehley’s original recorded guitar solo that was not released on the studio album (this track is available on the 2012 Destroyer: Resurrected project.)
Packaging features a lift top-style box loaded with so much ephemera even KISS fans may need to seek medical advice upon receiving this boxset.
SUPER DELUXE 4CD + BLU-RAY CONTENTS
The KISS Army Kit has been recreated complete with the original folder and following items:
- KISS Army Member Certificate
- KISS Army Membership Card
- Discography Sheet
- KISS Army newsletter Volume 1 – No 2 announcing Destroyer
- 2x 8”x10” Destroyer Press Photos
- Gene, Paul, Ace, Pete Bio Sheet
- Bonus items not originally in the KISS Army Kit include that will be featured in it:
- KISS logo Iron-on
- KISS Army Sticker
- “Detroit Rock City” Bumper Sticker
- Destroyer Cover Sticker
- 11”x17” KISS on Westminster Bridge UK
- Poster (extremely rare)
- 4 brand new 8”x10” Band Member Photos
- 8”x12” Destroyer Foil Poster
- 2x 9”x12” Destroyer Tour Stage Blueprints on Transparent Vellum (never been seen before)
- 8”x12” Destroyer Canadian Ad (super rare)
- 4x Band Member Trading Cards (newly created for this boxset)
- Extras – as if the boxset needs anymore, it will also feature the following items:
- 16”x24” KISS Over New York Skyline Poster
- 16”x24” KISS Halloween 1976 Concert Poster
- 16-page Destroyer 1976 Tour Program
- Gotham Rock City News Volume 1 Newspaper that is a track-by-track interview with all 4 band members, Bob Ezrin and crew
68-page hardcover book with extensive liner notes by Paul Elliot & Ken Sharp featuring interviews from Gene, Paul, Ace, Peter, then-manager Bill Aucoin, album producer Bob Ezrin, and many more about the album’s writing and production process, U.S. and European tours, photo shoots, promotional stories, band member memories from their TV appearance on The Paul Lynde Halloween Special, and an intoxicating amount of unreleased photos and imagery
Destroyer 45th (Deluxe Edition 2LP) - 180gram Black Vinyl -
features the first ever 1/2-speed mastered album from Abbey Road Mastering Studios on 180-gram audiophile vinyl plus 12 bonus tracks - 10 unreleased - including the new "Beth (Acoustic Mix)." A 20-page booklet showcases unreleased & rare photos along with "The Story of Destroyer" liner notes.